Friday, September 26, 2008
I'm Blogging!!!
Hello! I have taken the plunge and am learning how to blog! My sister Kim and my friend Dana are on here so I thought this would be a good way to keep people up to date and maybe I'll write enough to count it as a journal entry! :) I discovered I usually need to multitask to get everything done! So, to start our blog we are in Germantown, Maryland which is about 40 minutes from Washington D.C. and we are liking it here! People at church and in the neighborhood have been really nice and welcoming. I met a lady from our cul de sac at the bus stop the first day and later that day her daughter brought us over a hot homemade loaf of bread! So nice! Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't make bread but my family loves it! I have been taught how to make bread several times but I still can't handle doing it on my own. I even ruined the frozen bread dough from the store that is supposed to be fool-proof! My mom gave me a bread machine and that has worked out great, but I left it home! Our drive out here was pretty hard, we brought two vehicles so John and I were both driving all day and it was very tiring, no switching off drivers! I was in the van with 3 kids in the back, including Joey and it was very interesting! No one could sit in the passenger seat of the van because of the air-bags and so I got kind of lonely sometimes ( hard to do in a van with 3 kids! ). I had a CD of the Mama Mia movie and that was awesome! My sisters and I went to see that movie the weekend of my youngest sister's wedding and we had a great bonding time! So that was fun to listen to the music and have those memories. It took us 8 days to get here and it was amazing to drive across the whole country and see the different parts. We drove through South Dakota for a whole day! And then Iowa seemed to take another day! We also got the tail end of those tropical storms so we drove in the hard pounding rain for 8 hours, that was rough. When we showed up here a lady from church had our house key and they invited us over to dinner for the next two nights and they have kids the exact ages of ours so it was wonderful! They have been such a blessing, it's amazing that you can move across the country and have the church be exactly the same and people take care of you immediately! We are truly blessed to be part of a worldwide church! Allison is the name of the lady that is my new friend and she has taken me shopping and shown me the shortest route to schoool, the best grocery store and parks among many other things abour town! Well, I should probably not make this super long or else it might be boring?! I"ll go see if I can figure out pictures and all those other cool things! :) bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment