Friday, September 26, 2008
Disaster Driving
This is a little of a back-track time wise but worth telling! For those of you new to a blog, the entries at the bottom of the page are the first ones I wrote and the ones at the top are the most recent ones. Since I have done so many entries today :) You might want to start at the bottom to get the story in it's right order. This was our first day of driving when we left Richland, we left in the afternoon after a full morning of packing and goodbyes. We were traveling to Coeur d'Alene to stop for dinner at my brother's restaurant and wanted to make it into Montana that night. On the way to CDA we discovered that our walkie talkies wouldn't hold a charge, I had charged them but the batteries were dead. That was going to be our form of communication between the two cars on our trip, so that was our first problem. Then Joey threw up and we didn't know why but it happened nonetheless! The low coolant light came on in the van and since our van is old that was a major concern. Then we get to the restaurant and Joey throws up again in the bathroom and then again in the sitting area of the restaurant in front of everyone! That was quite distressing, we hadn't even ordered yet! So I clean him up and John gets our food ordered and we eat. Joey seems to be fine but doesn't eat a whole lot. After eating we go to the KMart and get a prepaid cell phone for John, some coolant and water for the car and start off again! We do make it into Montana that night but it was a rough first day! Oh, and I lost most of my pretty hub-caps that week in our cross-country drive! John was traveling behind me and they would call me and say "we just watched another one of your hub caps roll down the hill!" So now I only have one left, I think I might need to get wheels for my van eventually because I don't have good luck with hub caps! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment