Saturday, January 10, 2009

Does the Tooth Fairy dig through garbage?!

Here's the story: Rodney lost his second little tooth last week and was so excited! The first one was more exciting but he is still new to this so the excitement still runs high! He actually pulled out his tooth, it didn't involve me at all, it was quite suprising. So, he liked this little tooth so much he wanted to keep it. I said that would be fine, he could give it to the tooth fairy whenever he wanted. So we got a little snack baggie and it was put safely on his shelf. Well a few days ago he was playing with it, and probably deciding when it was worth it to give it up for a dollar! The next thing I know is that little tooth is lost! I had been cleaning and was not watching out for the snack baggie with the nearly invisilbe little tooth in it! Since I didn't know the tooth was missing I wasn't checking garbage before I threw it away and had no idea if it was in the garbage or not. Rodney searched all over the house and I promised him we would go dig through the garbage soon--this all happened right before it was time to go to school of course! So we had to get out the door, that's when anything will get promised just to get the kids to school on time! It was garbage day so I promised not to put the garbage out until we had checked the garbage inside it. So a few days go by and I mention to several people around here that they should go help Rodney find his tooth and hoping that someone else would dig through the stinky garbage! No such luck! Tonight after the kids went to bed I gave in and decided to dig through the garbage, garbage day is on monday again and we can't wait through another one! Unfortunately this story has a sad ending because even though I looked through every piece of slimy garbage and checked lots of used snack baggies I did not find the precious little tooth! So now the next stage is to let Rodney know it's up to him to find it in the house! The things the tooth fairy does for the sweet little children! :)

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Oh, Rodney's growing up. Aww.
Eww. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't dig. I'd just say the tooth fairy found it and leave money whereever she "found" it. Gotta try it though, right? Kids are so silly. Glad you had a good Christmas.

The Bartlett Family said...

What a woman!!! I am impressed with the lengths you go!! I'm with NaDell on the tooth fairy mysteriously "finding" it somewhere and if I were me I would make sure there as a note saying that playing with teeth isn't always the greatest idea! I just don't think I have it in me to go through all of that!! The thinks we moms do!

Anonymous said...

We've lost many teeth. I don't worry too much about it like I used to. With my kids I think they just end up swallowing them and I'm sure as heck not going to go through their bowels! lol
I have Nathan's first two. We are still waiting for Matthew's 2nd tooth. Never found out when his first actually came out. Within a day or 2 I think, but where is the question?
Samantha isn't close yet.
It would be nice to just have 1.
We don't do the tooth fairy for the kids, but whose to say we won't for Samantha.

Jenks Jive said...

That is so nice that you are willing to dig through the garbage. I'm all for telling them the tooth fairy found it and leaving them money. The tooth fairy tends to forget to come to our house and has to leave a nice note about how there were so many kids losing teeth that day and just couldn't make it. Oops! Speaking of the tooth fairy. My cousin's husband is a dentist and dressed-up as the tooth fairy for Halloween. She has a picture on her blog, the Happy Harker Family, which is linked through mine if you want to see it. It's pretty funny.

Priebe Family said...

Very impressive, We have a really bad tooth fairy assigned to our house. HE is always late! I threatened to call the tooth fairy commission an request a new one but we are afraid of hurting feelings!

The Family Comes to DC!

Valaney's Playlist!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Air and Space Museum

Air and Space Museum

Cookie Pancakes!

Cookie Pancakes!

Joey and Daddy

Joey and Daddy

The Washington Monument

The Washington Monument

The Capitol Building

The Capitol Building