Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The "After" of Thanksgiving

Well, I did my report on Thanksgiving and now I'm just trying to figure out how to get life back to "normal"! I don't actually know if we are "normal" hmm, I 'll have to think about that one! The house had NO food in it, just ask my kids, so I had to go grocery shopping yesterday and consequently I was shopping from 8:30 to 1:30! How does that happen? I"ll tell you...I drove a 1/2 hour to walmart to do my shopping because they have the best food prices, food is so expensive here! I had the cart loaded full and Joey kept throwing things out of the cart, like every 30 seconds I was bending down picking things up off the floor! About 10 times other people picked things up off the floor for me too! So that took a while to go shopping, plus we needed so much that I ended up having two shopping carts to haul out to the car! That is actually kind of hard to do, pushing one loaded shopping cart with one hand and dragging the other (with Joey in it) behind me, it goes well until you have to turn, then it gets interesting! (I have actually run over myself with a shopping cart! I hit the back of my own foot and it hurt) I rarely have that much stuff to get but this week I did! Then I needed to drive almost an hour the other way into Bethesda to go to the Scout headquarters to get Johnny a scout shirt! He is an 11 year old scout now, so fun! John is also the 11 year old Scout leader, so convenient! :) So I had to go get Johnny a shirt and patches and book and get John new patches and a book. I took Joey in with me and let me tell you, Scout shops have TONS of little things everywhere for a 2 year old to put his hands in and throw everywhere! We only lasted a few minutes before I realized I had a stroller in the car that we were going to go get and use! Silly me for thinking I could go into a store and hold Joey and get anything done! So we got the stroller and came back in and then continued our process of sizing shirts for Johnny, getting like 20 patches, books, stuff to put the patches on with (I don't sew, I use the sticky stuff!)and info on where to put the patches! So that was our scouting adventure! Our area is called The National Capitol Area Council and the patch is really neat, it is the Jefferson Memorial with the Cherry Blossoms in front of it! So at least the patches were pretty, oh, and we bought so much stuff that we got a free basketball! We love scouts and John and Johnny are going to have so much fun! I hear they have a winter campout coming in January, that's when I'm glad I get to stay home! :) After the scout office I was close by our church bookstore that I had never been to so I ventured over there and that was fun. (Joey was sleeping by then) Then we got home and it took me a while to put the groceries away, then the kids came home hungry---but I had food! Then it was homework time, John came home, dinner time, and scout time! So, that was my day yesterday! This morning was breakfast, lunches, book orders, permission slips, find the homework, backpacks, coats, shoes, socks, and run to the car! Today is laundry like crazy and putting those scout patches on! Oh, and dinner would be helpful! Have a great wednesday!!!! :)

2 comments:

NaDell said...

At least it's cold there and you don't have to worry about your milk spoiling in the car!
Johnny's in 11 year old scouts already?! WOW!
I liked reading about how you put the tree up at John's parent's house.

Jenks Jive said...

Ha! What a shopping trip! Thanks for the chuckle. I know all about shopping with a two year old. Aah! That is why I have decided to do all my shopping at Fred Meyer so I can leave Romney in the playland. John just can't get away from scouts. That is fun for him and Johnny.

The Family Comes to DC!

Valaney's Playlist!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Air and Space Museum

Air and Space Museum

Cookie Pancakes!

Cookie Pancakes!

Joey and Daddy

Joey and Daddy

The Washington Monument

The Washington Monument

The Capitol Building

The Capitol Building