Monday, December 8, 2008

Clean Clothes Hamper?

This is another laundry blog! This morning I was having the kids bring down their clothes hampers so I could start washing everything. I noticed the other day that the boys' clothes hamper was half full of clean clothes. That happens when I tell them to clean their room-- Most of what is on the floor goes in the hamper, clean and dirty clothes! So I have told them that I'm going to charge them a quarter a piece of clothing for whatever I find in their hamper that is clean! It's really sad when I find shorts (it's winter and no one has worn shorts for a while) and folded clothes in there! I told the boys to get the clean clothes out of their hamper before they brought it down so they didn't lose their money, I'm nice so I give them chances! Rodney really didn't want to do it but the money thing is a pretty big motivator for him! So I was helping him decide how to tell if things are really dirty, (lint doesn't count as dirt) and when he was done he had two piles, one clean and one dirty and they were the same size! I told him the lesson he needed to learn was that when you put clothes in the hamper make sure they are dirty and if they aren't, don't put them in there! His solution was this "Well, we should have a clean clothes hamper and a dirty clothes hamper" My reply to that was " the clean clothes hamper is called your dresser drawers!" It sure would be nice if those dresser drawers got used! :)

No comments:

The Family Comes to DC!

Valaney's Playlist!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Air and Space Museum

Air and Space Museum

Cookie Pancakes!

Cookie Pancakes!

Joey and Daddy

Joey and Daddy

The Washington Monument

The Washington Monument

The Capitol Building

The Capitol Building