Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break!

Hello! I'm back on attempting to keep up with ourselves! :) We took the kids to an amusement park for spring break, had to add some excitement to our historical lessons! :) Busch Gardens Europe is about 3 hours from here and it was a great park. We stayed there for 3 days, two nice days and one rainy! But the rainy day paid off because there were NO lines and we got to ride anything we wanted as many times as we wanted! The day did turn sunny in the afternoon and the park was still uncrowded so that was a great day! The kids loved the big roller coasters, John took Johnny and Julia on the really big ones and I hung out with Rodney and Joey. There were a lot of big roller coasters that Rodney could go on so halfway through the day John would come get Rodney to join their group. Joey and I saw all the shops and found the cute kiddie rides! They had a Land of the Dragons for little kids and a Sesame Street park that was really cute. I took turns going on the big roller coasters with the kids too but I"m happy going once or twice and then I turn the honors back over to John! There was a really big roller coaster there called The Griffon and it takes you up 205 feet almost straight up, levels out, then hangs you out over a drop off for 4 seconds before you plunge straight down, then go through a loop and continue on a death defying ride! Needless to say, I only went on that once and will probably never go on it again! John, Julia and Johnny on the other hand loved it and went on it 11 times, being in the front row 5 times! Crazy. Rodney's claim to fame was winning the near-impossible ring toss and we adopted a huge blue gorilla to take home! It wouldn't fit in the car so we had to move things from the trunk to fit it in back there! Joey loved most of the little rides, we took him on a couple kid roller coasters and they scared him but he had fun on the other things. The gardens there were beautiful, lots of tulips and pansies so that was fun to see spring! We had a really enjoyable time and today it was back to school! :)

2 comments:

Jenks Jive said...

Paige and I loved looking at your pictures. What a blast! Paige said that she would like to go there too.

Brenda H said...

Glad you guys had fun over your spring break!!

The Family Comes to DC!

Valaney's Playlist!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Air and Space Museum

Air and Space Museum

Cookie Pancakes!

Cookie Pancakes!

Joey and Daddy

Joey and Daddy

The Washington Monument

The Washington Monument

The Capitol Building

The Capitol Building