Okay, I figured I'd better post on here again before I get out of the habit! Not being able to download new pics kind of puts a kink in things! Maybe next week we will get out and get our computer thing figured out. I think I might have some christmas pics I haven't posted so I'll have to check that out. Everything is going good here, actually today I am sick and so is Rodney but tomorrow should be better. The kids have been passing this thing around and it's only a matter of time before the MOM gets it! Being around the sick kids all day and not getting very much sleep at night is enough to overpower anyone! Oh well. We had some snow and an ice storm last week, the kids were out of school 3 1/2 days, we loved it! I love it when my kids get to stay home and play! We have a hill in our backyard that is good for sledding but they don't get that much snow around here so when it snowed we didn't have a sled and there was no way I was going to go drive and get one that day, there is a reason they cancel school! So I decided we could have an adventure and find something to make a sled--I was thinking cardboard and garbage bags! :) So I went to the basement to attack all our moving boxes and find the perfect cardboard to sled on. WELL, I found something better! Scraps of vinyl flooring (linoleum)!! There were a couple pieces that were rectangle shaped and very much scrap pieces so I brought them up and showed them to my kids and told them to sled with the vinyl side down and it was the best thing EVER!!! They were going so fast and stayed out there for about 2 hours! I think the flooring worked better than a sled would have since we really didn't have that much snow! Then the next day the ice storm hit and covered everything with a nice layer of slick ice---very awesome for sliding on! John's work was canceled that day too so we had a family sledding party and it was so fun, John and I would hold Joey and go down with him and we had a blast! We even had one of our babysitters come over with her siblings the next day and ask if the kids wanted to play and so we told her what we were doing and they loved it! Even the teenagers were having fun, you wouldn't believe how fast they were going! They played that day for another two hours, it was great! The flooring broke up eventually because it gets so brittle when it's frozen but it lasted long enough. We did have one injury, on Rodney's face of course. That kid has bad luck with his face and injuries! He fell off his sled and face-planted in the ice and it cut him on the cheek and above the eyebrow, poor little kid! But it's looking better now and almost gone. Two weeks ago he was running through the kitchen, slipped and hit his lip on a bar stool and got a really bad fat lip. His two times with stitches have also been on his eyebrow (the same one)--like I say--bad luck with face owies!! I own several tubes of neosporin and I"m trained in first aid!! :)
Well, that's about it for now! Have a wonderful Monday and week!
PS I just finished a really good book, it's a short good read! The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. very uplifting, John and I both liked it and now Johnny is reading it next!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment